Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours
Please carefully read and agree to the following terms and conditions which form part of the contract you enter into by doing one of our tours.
- TERMS & CONDITIONS -
The trip operator is Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours LLC trading as Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours of P.O Box 36657 Dubai, UAE
- A deposit of 10% is required to establish and hold a reservation. The full balance is due and payable twenty one (21) days prior to departure. Your booking may be considered cancelled should the full balance not be received by Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours by that time.
- Should you have to cancel your trip we must receive notice in writing. If received with less than thirty (30) days’ notice any refund will be solely at our discretion. In these circumstances we strongly recommend that you obtain trip cancellation insurance from an insurance company. However we do understand that last minute cancellations will and do occur for very legitimate reasons. Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours will endeavour to provide a 100% refund in these cases. Unfortunately if ferry tickets and accommodation have been pre-booked these entities may choose to retain fees already paid. In this case Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours will refund your tour cost already paid minus these unrecoverable deposits.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you are fit and healthy enough to participate in your tour. We reserve the right to insist on a medical certificate from your doctor stating that you are in a suitable condition. If you as a tour participant are on any medication or have any existing ailments that will affect, impair or alter your decision making ability in regards to safely and competently operating a motorcycle, Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours must be advised of this PRIOR to tour commencement.
- We reserve the right to cancel any tour if the number of participants booked does not meet the minimum requirement to operate the trip. Should that occur your payment will be refunded in full if we are unable to transfer you to another trip to your satisfaction. Ordinarily though, if a Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tour is published, it will operate.
- The tour leader has the sole discretion to alter the itinerary should it become necessary due to weather, local conditions, politics or various other reasons. No refund will be considered in the event of any such changes.
- Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours take no responsibility for any flight delays or scheduled changes at any stage throughout the trip. In the event of any such change no refund will be considered.
- Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours insists that the participant takes out a personal travel insurance policy and will request proof of same. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure suitable insurance cover is taken out prior to commencement of the trip.
- Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours is not responsible for participant’s personal effects if they are lost, stolen or destroyed. Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours cannot be held liable for any such loss irrespective if personal items are being carried on the Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours support vehicle / bike or lost during a shipment organised by Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours.
- Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours is not responsible for any accidents. It is agreed and understood that neither Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours nor it’s agents are the guardians of any customer safety and that they, individually or collectively, cannot be held liable in any way for any occurrence in connection with the tour which might result in injury, death or other damage to the customer, his property or his family heirs or assigns.
- The motorcycles are provided by Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours and the cost is included in the tour costs. Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours will attempt to provide the trip participants with the model of motorcycle confirmed to the participant. If after having confirmed the model of motorcycle requested Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours finds that it is necessary to substitute a different model Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours will notify the participant as soon as possible. If the participant does not wish to accept the proposed substitution the participant may cancel the trip without penalty and the deposit will be refunded.
- Unexpected and uncontrollable situations may require last minute substitution of a motorcycle including after the trip has begun. This may include but is not limited to mechanical failure, collision, damage and theft. In this circumstance Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours reserves the right to substitute the type of motorcycle confirmed. Should Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours not be able to replace a motorcycle with the confirmed type or similar a prorated refund for the difference in models if any will be refunded to the participant.
- The motorcycle that Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours provides to the participant will be insured. The participant will be liable for the first US $3,000 worth of any damage to the motorcycle deemed by Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours to have been your responsibility. The term ‘damage’ is to exclude reasonable wear and tear. Minor blemishes or paint chips caused by gravel, stones and insects are considered normal wear and tear however damage or scratches caused by an accident, dropping a motorcycle or riding it through bushes or off roadways is not considered normal wear and tear. The participant may choose to limit their exposure to the initial US $3000 through the purchase of our Excess Reduction Policy (ERP). This policy operates to reduce the excess to an amount of US $1000 by payment by the participant of a fee of US $25 per day for the duration of the tour. The participant may exercise this option at the time of booking. Once the tour commences the participant will be unable to exercise this ERP option.
- The participant is solely responsible for the ignition keys during the normal course of a riding day. Should they be lost or stolen due to neglect or failure to follow the tour leaders instructions the participant is responsible for the replacement to a maximum cost of US $500.
- If a participant operates a motorcycle after drinking an alcoholic beverage or using mind altering drugs the rider will incur unlimited liability for damage to the motorcycle. Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours is not obliged to replace a motorcycle damaged by a participant in these circumstances.
- Participants who intend to operate a motorcycle provided by Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours must be at least 21 years old and must have a valid motorcycle operator licence. Participants must also attest that they have at least 2 years of experience operating a motorcycle of similar size or larger than the motorcycle that will be provided by Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours.
- If the participant does not comply with local traffic laws, or does not practice safe group travel practices as described by the tour leader and by guidelines provided by Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours the agreement with the rider may be cancelled and riding privileges will be suspended. Riding privileges will be suspended from anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Participants agree to refrain from alcoholic beverages until the motorcycles have been parked for the night.
ACCEPTANCE OF TURKANA MOTORCYCLE ADVENTURE TOUR - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I understand that I will be required to sign a Release and Waiver Form before I can participate in a Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tour. I have read and accepted the terms of conditions of a Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tour. I am aware that motorcycling can be dangerous. I am aware that traffic conditions, roads, weather and other conditions as well as the actions of other members of the trip can influence the risks. I agree to accept those risks.
I am an experienced responsible and healthy motorcyclist with a valid motorcycle driver licence. As a passenger I am aware of the potential dangers of motorcycling.
I further agree and understand that the owners, operators and agents of this trip, including Turkana Motorcycle Adventure Tours, are not the guardians of my safety. They, individually or collectively, cannot be held liable in any way for any occurrence in connection with the operation of my participation in the trip which might result in injury, death or other damage to me, my property or my family heirs or assigns.
Want to know more about our Terms & Conditions, please drop us an email email@example.com